Global Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) market is expected to reach USD 36.6 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 23.7% from 2018 to 2025. Rising investments in various sectors to promote E-governance applications and increase in crime rate is expected to stimulate the demand for AFIS technology because it is used to identify criminals.
Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) is defined as a type of biometric system that captures a fingerprint with the help of digital imaging, so as to determine the identity of an individual by comparing it with the database of fingerprint records. AFIS is widely adopted as a method used to identify individual user logons.
The AFIS was, primarily, used by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for criminal cases. Gradually, it gained attention for general identification and fraud prevention.
Fingerprints are considered a foolproof method for identification purposes because each fingerprint is unique. Due to advancement of digital technology, fingerprinting is largely being used as a fraud prevention measure. Automated fingerprint verification is widely used in various other systems such as attendance and access control systems.
DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE REPORT:https://www.fiormarkets.com/report-detail/362219/request-sample
- The base year for the study has been considered 2017, historic year 2015 and 2016 and, the forecast period considered is from 2018 to 2025. The Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) market is analysed on the basis of value (USD Billion) and volume (Thousands).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) market by component, search type, application and regions.
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2018 to 2025.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of component, search type, application and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Increasing investments in various sectors to promote E-governance applications
- Technological advancement from a manual process to a digital process
- Increasing online transactions
- Increase in crime rate is expected to stimulate the demand for AFIS technology because it is used to identify criminals
- Safe identification system helps to boost up the market
- Fear of security and privacy
- New substitutes are available such as Iris and face recognition technologies
- Rising demand for access control systems in the government and civil sectors
- Increasing adoption of biometric systems as a service
- Provides security against data
- Restrictions related to pricing and entry in the large-sized markets
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The market is analysed on the basis of five regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East and Africa. North America held the largest market share of approximately 36.70% in 2017. The dominance of North America region is attributed to early implementation of the technology and the presence of major AFIS vendors in the region.
The major players of market include 3M Cogent Inc., Morpho SA, NEC Corporation, Fujitsu Ltd., Crossmatch Technologies Ltd., HID Global Corporation, M2SYS Technology, East Shore Technologies, AFIX Technologies Inc., Papillon Systems, Sonda Technologies Ltd., Dermalog Identification Systems GmbH, Safran Identity & Security, Biometrics4ALL, Cross Match Technologies, Inc. and Suprema Incorporation
Customization of the Report:This report can be customized to meet the client’s requirements. Please connect with our sales team (email@example.com), who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.