Global active pharmaceutical ingredient/ API market is expected to reach from USD 179.13 Billion in 2017 to USD 319.07 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.70% from 2018 to 2025. High prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancers, cardiovascular diseases, back pain, and periodontal diseases are increasing demand for effective drugs and the introduction of innovative drug manufacturing facilities. These are some of the major factors propelling the growth of the market.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients are chemicals used in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical drugs. These are used in mitigation, treatment, and prevention of diseases. All drugs are made up of two core components the API and the excipients. The API is the main ingredient of any drug. For instance, if you have a headache, acetaminophen is the active ingredient and liquid in the gel-capsule, or the bulk of a pill is the excipient. API standardization is the most crucial part of drug development manufacturers are required to prove the potency of their products in real life patients, along with laboratory conditions to get approval from the FDA.
DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE REPORT:https://www.fiormarkets.com/report-detail/376047/request-sample
- The base year for the study has been considered 2017, the historic year 2015 and 2016 and, the forecast period considered is from 2018 to 2025. The active pharmaceutical ingredient/ API market is analyzed by value (USD Billion).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global active pharmaceutical ingredient/ API market by type, synthesis, drug, therapeutic application, manufacturer and regions.
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2018 to 2025.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used to recognize the competitive scenario in the global active pharmaceutical ingredient/ API market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the active pharmaceutical Ingredient/ API market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis type, synthesis, drug, therapeutic application, manufacturer and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the active pharmaceutical ingredient/ API market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The market is analysed on the basis of five regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East and Africa. NorthAmerica region dominated the marketand was valued around USD 109.19 billion in 2017. Presence of most of pharmaceutical companies and rising favourable government initiatives for usage of generic drugs and technological advancements in the field of drug manufacturing.
Prominent industry players operating in the market include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer, Inc., Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis AG, BoehringerIngelheim, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., AstraZeneca plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd Abbott Laboratories among others.