Toyota’s luxury car division Lexus has revealed a sports car, LC 500, which is a 4 seated coupe. Launched at the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, this sports car goes on sale in Australia from next year.
The overall length of LC 500 is 4760 mm, with the width and height being 1920mm and 1345mm. The wheelbase is quite wide at 2870mm. Chassis Design of the car is based on new global architecture for luxury vehicles (GA-L).
With the LC 500, Lexus also debuted its rear wheel drive platform and would replace RC F Coupe in the Japanese Super GT 500 which is scheduled for next year. Another USP of the LC 500 is inclusion of a 10 speed automatic transmission, which enhance the performance and drivability of the car at various speeds over different terrain.
Let’s have a look at the features of the car:
Features of the Lexus LC 500
- Engine: The car has the powerful, tried and tested 5.0L V8 Engine. This 32 valve engine can deliver up to 467 HP@7100 rpm and torque of 389 lb-ft T @4,800. The engine, obviously sounds powerful and creates a sound storm via sound generator when accelerated. Further, the can reach from 0-60 mph in just 4.5 seconds. As told already, the car features a rear wheel drive which makes it more stable and responsive to curvy tracks.
- Transmission: With the 10 speed automatic transmission, there is a smart electronic control software which eases out assessment and anticipation of acceleration, breaking and drift forces. Topping the powerful drivetrain are 6 piston brake caliper.
- Multimedia: Lexus LC 500’s insides are filled with a lot of high tech electronics. The multimedia system hosts a new top class Pioneer audio system. An engaging graphical user interface is also featured in the car. Lexus has deliberately left room for modifications and future enhancements, thus not letting multimedia keep pace with the ever changing music and acoustics.
- Safety: There has been no compromise on any of the safety parameters as Lexus LC 500 the following safety and driving assistance systems:
- Pre-Collision System to alert and avert any collision.
- Lane Keep Assist for better driving experience.
- Automatic High Beam for better visibility during night and precipitation time.
- All Speed Dynamic Cruise Radar Control for better vehicle handling at various speeds.
Planned to debut in Australia, LC 500 would soon move to the Northeren Hemisphere of the globe. We can see the Lexus LC 500 being one of the best cars for the coming years, as long as the features are concerned. Obviously, Lexus would release multiple versions of the cars demarcated over minor features and a drive test would reveal its true performance.