The consumption of lime in the U.S. is expected to surpass 27,000 KT by 2026-end. Demand for lime in the U.S. will remain concentrated in the quick lime segment, with hydrated lime accounting for a relatively lower revenue share of the market. The consumption of hydrated lime in the U.S. was valued at nearly 3,000 KT in 2016.
Demand for quick lime remained consolidated in the metal manufacturing and chemical application segments. These two end-use industries accounted for over 65% of revenue share of the market in 2016. In terms of consumption, the metal manufacturing segment accounted for 6,614 KT in 2016, whereas chemical application segment accounted for 6,724 KT.
Region-wise, demand for lime in the U.S. will remain strong in Midwest and South, whereas Northeast and Western U.S. will witness sluggish demand for lime. In terms of volume, Western U.S. will grow at the lowest CAGR.
The leading players in the U.S. lime market include Carmeuse, Lhoist, Graymont, Mississippi Lime Company, United State Lime & Minerals, Inc., and Cheney Lime & Cement Company. Among these, Carmeuse is the dominant market player, followed by Lhoist and Graymont. The top 3 players have a sizeable presence in North America, with Carmeuse offering its products in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and APEJ.
Request For Report Sample with Table Of Contents: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-us-2209
- Canada remains the largest export partner for U.S. Also, no tariffs are placed on the import of quick lime and hydrated lime from countries that have normal trade relations with the U.S.
- Increasing applications in removing impurities during metallurgical operations will continue to fuel demand for lime.
Use of lime for production of precipitated calcium carbonate will be a key growth driver.
- Low –interest and –energy prices will continue to push market growth.
- The key challenges impeding the growth of the U.S. lime market include growing prominence of lime alternatives and lesser storage time.
Key Trends Expected to Shape the Market
The key trends expected to shape the U.S. lime market in the future are,
- Increasing application portfolio – masonary cement mortars are being replaced by cement-lime mortars
- Fine grade limit is gaining traction among end-users and manufacturers are pushing its production